Sirvoy can automatically keep your availability updated and retrieve your bookings from Hostelworld.com.
Follow these instructions to activate the connection:
- Inform your Hostelworld account manager that you want to connect via API using Sirvoy. If you don’t have an account manager, please contact Hostelworld on firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
- Once Hostelworld has accepted your request, go to Settings -> Channels -> Hostelworld.com.
- Enter your Hostelworld ID, for example “123456”, and enter your API password. Next, you will be asked to map the room types available in Hostelworld to your corresponding room types in Sirvoy. Please find instructions on mapping of room types here. Also, this article gives details on price per person on Hostelworld.
- Make sure to verify that all room types have the correct restrictions set as expected, since the rooms will become bookable immediately after the connection is activated. The only restriction compatible with Hostelworld under “Restrictions for check-in, check-out and/or stays” is the one called “Stays not allowed”. The restriction “Bookable days” is not compatible with Hostelworld.
- Once your mapping is completed, contact the Sirvoy support team and we will activate the connection for you.
Note: Once the connection is completed, you will no longer be able to change rates, availability, restrictions (see some exceptions here), etc. via your Hostelworld login. All updates will have to be done from Sirvoy. Once a change is done in Sirvoy, it will be reflected on Hostelworld.com within a couple of minutes. However, we still recommend that you at times verify through your Hostelworld login that availability, rates and bookings are updated and synced correctly.
Note: Even though the availability is synced between Sirvoy and the channels almost instantaneously, there is always a small risk of double bookings when the same physical room is made available on multiple booking channels simultaneously. For example, the last room could in the same instant be booked both through your website and another booking channel. This happens very rarely, even for busy hotels. But if this does happen, the booking channel will expect you to promptly inform them so that, depending on your agreement, the partner service of the channel can help find a solution as soon as possible.