The “Sirvoy Vault” feature lets you store credit card details safely in bookings, with two-factor authentication, and a tokenization and de-tokenization tool. You activate the function under Settings -> Payments & Invoicing -> Sirvoy Vault. You will find it in the bookings under “Card details” in the bottom left corner.
Collect credit card information from different sources
- Store CC details received by phone or by front desk manually, in the created booking under “Card details”.
- Store CC details from your connected Sales Channels automatically.
- Store CC details received via the online Booking Engine automatically. This is enabled by choosing “Sirvoy Vault” in the drop-down list of your “Card payments” settings.
Forward the credit card information to Stripe and charge the card in the booking
When the card information is received you can forward it to Stripe and then charge the card in the booking (instead of as before when it was required that you first de-tokenize, then copied and pasted over the CC details to Stripe). This requires that Stripe is activated on your Sirvoy account.
In order to forward credit card information to Stripe for immediate charging, follow these steps:
- Click on “Charge card” in the Payment section of the booking details page.
- In the view that follows, select “Add new card”
- Select a card shown under “Add card that exists in the Sirvoy Vault”
- This card will now show as selected card in “Charge card stored in Stripe”. Review details and click “Charge card” for immediate charging. In the Payment section of the booking details page you will now see the registered Stripe payment.
Storage, Security and GDPR
The credit card information is stored for 30 days after the check out in “Sirvoy Vault”, in line with GDPR. If a credit card is added after check-out, the credit card information will instead be removed 30 days after it was added.
However GDPR allows the hotel to store the CC details until payment has been completed in full. A guest can’t use GDPR to make you delete it before that time has elapsed.
The “Sirvoy Vault” feature can be disabled by the hotel at any time, and all credit card details in all bookings will then be deleted. Please keep in mind that they cannot be restored, the action is irreversible as no back up will be made.
This service is a reliable third party service, no credit card details are stored in the Sirvoy system or servers.