Sirvoy can automatically keep your availability updated and retrieve your bookings from Booking.com.
Note: Even though the availability is synced between Sirvoy and the channels almost instantaneously, there is always a small risk of double bookings when the same physical room is made available on multiple booking channels simultaneously. For example, the last room could in the same instant be booked both through your website and another booking channel. This happens very rarely, even for busy hotels. But if it does happen, depending on your agreement, the booking channel will expect you to inform them and perhaps also find a solution.
If you have already existing, future bookings on Booking.com, please don’t manually import them. See point 7 below.
Follow these instructions to activate the connection:
- Inform your Booking.com Account Manager that you want to connect via XML through Sirvoy, mention our partner ID 289. Once validated, you will receive a XML agreement from your Booking.com Account Manager along with instructions on how to activate the connection.
- Once Booking.com has sent us information about your XML connection, we will send you an email asking you to map (or match) your room types. Go to Settings -> Channels -> Booking.com. You will be asked to map the room types available in Booking.com to your corresponding room types in Sirvoy. We also recommend that you enable the setting called “Update rates automatically”, otherwise, rate updates must be triggered manually.
- Make sure to verify that all room types have the correct restrictions set as expected, since the rooms will become bookable immediately after the connection is activated.
- Our support team will automatically be notified once your mapping is completed and will then review it and confirm to Booking.com. You will soon thereafter receive an email from Booking.com instructing you to activate the connection.
- In case you did not enable automatic rate updates when mapping the room types, you will now have to go to Settings -> Channels -> Booking.com and click “Send price update”, then follow the instructions. If you would prefer to have rates updated automatically, please go back to Settings -> Channels -> Booking.com and click “Edit”. Make sure that the setting called “Update rates automatically” is enabled.
- If you are currently receiving credit card details from Booking.com, those will from now on have to be sent to you by fax. Please send your fax number to our support team to have this set up.
- Once your connection is active, we will import any future bookings that you have previously received through Booking.com. This is done to make sure that any future modifications and/or cancellations will be handled correctly. Please do not enter those bookings manually into Sirvoy. If bookings have been registered manually in Sirvoy, but later also are read automatically, they will appear as overbookings.
Note: Once the connection is completed, you will no longer be able to change rates, availability, restrictions, etc. via your Booking.com login. All updates will have to be done from Sirvoy. Once a change is done in Sirvoy, it will be reflected on Booking.com within a couple of minutes. However, we still recommend that you at times verify through your Booking.com login that availability, rates and bookings are updated and synced correctly.