In order to send email templates by category follow the steps below:
- Add a category to each room type.
- Go to Settings -> Booking engine.
- Click the three dots adjacent to the booking engine you want.
- In the drop-down list, click “Edit.”
- Set “Categories” to “If no category is chosen – try to set it automatically.”
- Open the email template you have created for this category under “Settings -> Languages and texts -> Email templates“. Pick your choice for “Send automatically”. Choose the category you want to send this email to under the drop down “If booked category matches”.
- 7. To activate automatic category picker go to Settings -> Channels -> Booking.com/Expedia -> Connect and turn “Set category automatically” to “ON”. Note: For Sirvoy to automatically set the category for bookings from sales channels, only one category can be added to room types sold through sales channels. If a room type connected to a sales channel is associated with more than one category, Sirvoy cannot automatically determine which category should be set for bookings for that room type, and it needs to be set manually.
Note: If you don’t create your own booking confirmation, the standard Sirvoy booking confirmation will be used. Booking confirmations will not be sent for reservations booked through channels, instead the guest will receive a booking confirmation from the channel. All other templates such as “1 day after chosen event” will be sent for all reservations.