If you are using the Pro version, you can share room availability information with vacation rental websites that support the iCal format (one-way connection). However, a few iCal channels additionally also support automatic booking retrieval (two-way connection).
iCal is a file format that represents the calendar for a certain room. Bookings and restrictions appear as blocked dates in the calendar, and thus indicate which dates the room is available.
- Go to Settings -> Channels -> iCal and click “Edit”.
- Find the room for which you want to share availability information and click “Generate export URL”.
- Copy the URL displayed and share it with any number of iCal channels. The channels may then call the URL regularly, and Sirvoy will respond with the availability for that room. For Airbnb see these instructions on how to import iCal calendars.
- Bookings can only be automatically imported from iCal channels that support a two-way connection. Click “Choose format” to see the currently supported channels. If you have a different iCal channel that you wish to retrieve booking from and its format matches either the Airbnb, HomeAway/VRBO or 9flats format, it can be connected too. However, please contact email@example.com in order to have the URL accepted.
- Copy the export URL from the respective channels and paste it in the “Enter iCal URL here..” field. For Airbnb, see these instructions on how to export the Airbnb calendar. Bookings from iCal channels that are not listed here, must be registered manually in Sirvoy.
Please be aware of the following:
- Prices set in Sirvoy are NOT sent to iCal channels – only availability is. This means that you have to set your prices in your iCal channel account.
- Modifications on bookings as well as cancellations will not go through to Sirvoy but must be handled manually. (However, date modification will come through.)
- Only confirmed Airbnb bookings will be imported and visible in Sirvoy. Pending booking requests or tentative bookings will not.
- The settings for the export calendar URL link in VRBO and HomeAway are recommended to be set to “non tentative”, as booking requests will be visible in Sirvoy elseway. If tentative bookings are imported to Sirvoy it may also cause “conflict” status in the booking in the HomeAway calendar.
- Sirvoy will receive very little detail about the booking via iCal. Room price, occupancy and room type is NOT sent from the channel. Therefore, the occupancy in these bookings will by default be set to 1 person. If the room is used in multiple room types in Sirvoy, the first room type in sort order will be used, as they appear in Settings -> Accommodation. Thus, the room price in the booking will be set to whatever is configured in Sirvoy for that room type, with occupancy 1, including any price changes.